When’s the Best Time of Year for an AC Tune-Up?
Few people – HVAC professionals and homeowners alike – would disagree that Spring is the perfect time for annual AC preventive maintenance, and for plenty of good reasons:
- It helps refresh your system from the long summer’s worth of work it recently performed
- At the same, it prepares if for another hot summer to come – hopefully not too hot
- Early to mid-spring is ideal for HVAC technicians too since we’re not yet at our busiest and therefore can provide you with more timely service
There are more reasons for spring-time AC maintenance, and yet let’s interrupt our program to ask another important question: if spring slides by without your AC system undergoing professional AC maintenance, does that mean you blow it off until next year? To that, our answer is a resounding “Noooo!!”
Look at it this way. Serious AC problems can occur at any time. Or, during the maintenance process, we often discover trouble in the making and correct the problem before it becomes bigger and more costly to repair.
Here’s another plug for mid-season or late-season maintenance. During the spring, there’s no good way to tell if your system is effectively removing humidity – after all, the hot, sticky stuff is yet to come. But once we hit July, your body will tell you if the air has too much or just the right amount of humidity. Making that discovery in progress will alert you to the fact that your system is aging and, as such, losing its ability to dehumidify your home. If that’s the case, you have a very good reason to consider purchasing a replacement system.
AC Maintenance, Any Time of Year
No matter when we tune up and inspect your AC system, we go through a very detailed process to ensure it’s working as well and safely as at it can. Here are just some of the steps included in our process:
- Check air filter
- Inspect blower housing
- Inspect accessible air ductwork
- Verify proper cooling temperature drop
- Check wiring and tighten connections
- Verify thermostat calibration & operation
- Test for proper refrigerant levels
- Clean outdoor condenser coils
- Clean and test drain lines
- Start the system
- Check the location and performance of vents and registers
There’s much more to it, and we’ll be happy to tell you more when you call for service or while our technician is in your home. Either way, contact Correct Temp for outstanding AC preventive maintenance that will provide you with improved operation, fewer and less costly repairs, longer equipment life, reduced utility bills, and other key benefits.