How to Save Time Cleaning House
Conscientious home owners don’t need a calendar to remember when deep cleaning time. They just “know”.
Of course, knowing and looking forward to the tasks ahead are two different things. So, if you love a clean house but pretty much loathe what it takes to keep it that way, you’ll likely find solace in these seven house-cleaning shortcuts:
- Steam up your microwave. Cleaning dried-on food splatters inside the microwave can be a time-consuming task, but nothing that a little steam can’t simplify. Boil a cup of water in the microwave to create a steam bath that will soften the dried-on gunk, and then just wipe it away.
- Vacuum window treatments. Give your curtains and drapes a quick cleaning – in between washings or dry-cleaning – by vacuuming them with the upholstery attachment. You can do the same with blinds and pleated shades.
- Use rubber gloves to ball up pet hair. Getting Fido to stay off the couch may be a losing battle, but cleaning up pet hair doesn’t have to be. Just put on a pair of rubber gloves and wipe your hands over the area. The pet hair will ball right up for fast and easy disposal.
- Dust walls and ceilings with a microfiber mop. Eliminate the need for a step ladder by investing in a microfiber mop with a long handle.
- Use a pillowcase to dust ceiling fans. Keep the dust under control by sliding a pillow case over each blade. Dusting occurs as you slide the case back toward you and keeps the dust from going every which way.
- Clean your toilet with denture tablets. You read that right. Just drop a few denture tablets into the toilet bowl and walk away. Come back in about 5 minutes and flush. You’ll get a deep anti-bacterial clean that requires no effort at all.
- Clean your dishwasher with a pantry staple. Even your dishwasher periodically needs a good cleaning to remove food scraps and soap residue. Place a dishwasher-safe cup of white vinegaron the top rack. Then run it through a full cycle on the hottest water setting. The results will shine for themselves.
You know what else is prone to getting dirty? Your indoor air. That’s where we come in: Correct Temp. We can help clean the air you breathe in several important ways, including:
- Spring AC cleaning and inspection
- Fall heating system cleaning and inspection
- Whole-house air filtration system
- Whole-house UV lamps
- Whole-house humidity control systems
To learn more about our indoor air quality services and how they can benefit your entire family, contact Correct Temp.