How to Prevent Furnace Problems
“Come on, little guy, I’m counting on you.”
“You’ve got five seconds to start up again, or else?”
Yes, at one time or another, many of us have attempted to urge our furnace back to life, even though it never works.
But here’s what could work: doing a little preventive maintenance of your own to help keep problems at bay. Here are a few good examples:
- Faulty thermostat. If you’re not feeling the heat, don’t just assume it’s a furnace problem. Check your thermostat to see if anyone messed with the temperature setting or accidentally shut it off. Also, if yours is battery operated, maybe all you need to do is replace them.
- No heat. If you’re sure it’s not a thermostat issue, check to see if the furnace is getting power. It could be unplugged or maybe the circuit breaker has tripped.
- Not enough heat. One of the most common reasons for a furnace to malfunction is a clogged filter. It also happens to be the easiest maintenance chore. Regular filter replacement is quick and easy and goes a long way toward protecting HVAC components and improving indoor air quality.
- Furnace obstructions. Basements often become cluttered, even near the furnace. That not only can impede its performance; it’s a potential fire hazard. So be sure to keep that area clean and clear at all times.
The best way of all to keep your furnace in peak running condition? Annual preventive maintenance. Here at Correct Temp, we perform a multi-step cleaning and inspection that offers 4 key benefits:
- Improved performance
- Fewer and less costly repairs
- Lower heating costs
- Longer equipment life
So, if it’s been a year or longer since your last furnace cleaning inspection, contact us today and enjoy greater peace of mind all winter long.