7 Uses for Caulk
Lots of home owners keep a caulk gun handy. And lots don’t. Even if there’s one in your home, what do you use it for? Whatever that might be, you might be pleasantly surprised to learn you haven’t begun to tap into its full potential.
Here are just a few examples of how to expand your caulk horizons:
- Pest deterrent. Concrete and mortar repair caulk is great for repairing small cracks that allow bugs, rodents, and other unwanted pests to enter your home through cracks in your foundation. You also can paint over it to maintain the aesthetic appeal of your home’s exterior.
- Close the gap. Over time, gaps can appear in door frames, the molding around windows, the wall that adjoins your tub, and other places. Use acrylic latex caulk to fill them in, then allow it to dry before painting over the caulk.
- Prep surfaces. Use painter’s caulk – an acrylic latex compound – to cover or fill small holes and cracks in drywall, wood, masonry, and other surfaces.
- Tighten up. All-purpose caulk can keep wallpaper, molding, carpet, or loose tiles in place. Just add a small amount behind the loose material and stick it back into place. Caulk also can be used instead of nails to install paneling.
- Finishing touch. Prevent wallpaper from peeling as it dries by applying caulk along the seams. Smooth it out with a wet sponge to erase imperfections.
- Easy roof repair. Seal small cracks between roof shingles, along roof edges, or around skylights and flashing with waterproof and weatherproof roof caulk.
- Add life to your gutters. Over time, gutters can develop gaps and cracks around joints. Hold them together with a strong waterproof sealant to ensure rain water flows freely away from your house.
What do these caulk applications have in common? Each is an example of home maintenance. Here at Correct Temp, we specialize in preventive maintenance for home heating and cooling systems. With an annual cleaning and inspection, we can help ensure your year-round comfort and reduced energy bills. Contact us today to schedule service…we’re always glad to help.