7 Home Maintenance Tips
There are things we do that are almost automatic. Changing your car’s oil, keeping regular dentist appointments, stocking up on rock salt before the snow falls, and so on. What happens if you forget or postpone any of these definitely? Nothing good.
Well, these are far from the only home and personal maintenance steps worth keeping an eye, for your own sake.
Today, let’s look at your home and some of the things you can do to prevent damage or needless repairs:
- Have foundation cracks inspected and sealed before they spread and compromise the stability of your home.
- Replace loose or missing roof shingles or tiles, and clean gutters seasonally to prevent water from infiltrating your home.
- Seal cracks and gaps around windows and doors to keep your house warm during winter months and cool during the summer.
- Take heed of sudden and hard-to-explain spikes in your energy bills; these are warning signs that all is not well with your HVAC systems.
- Fix leaky toilets, shower heads, and faucets as soon as you notice them to prevent damage to fixtures, walls, and floors.
- Clean your dryer lint trap after each use and the vents at least once a year to reduce the risk of fire.
When it comes to keeping your home heating and cooling systems in top working order, nothing works better than an annual cleaning and inspection. Here at Correct Temp, that kind of preventive maintenance is specialty of the house. If it’s been a year or longer since your last cleaning and inspection, contact Correct Temp today.