How to Prevent Heat from Escaping Your Home
Unless you live in a sealed vault, at least some amount of heat is escaping your home. That’s not necessarily a bad thing, though, given that fresh air can’t find its way in if heat can’t find its way out.
On the other hand, you don’t want to lose so much heat that your patio or deck is getting more of it than your family room.
That begs the question, how do you know if you have a heat loss problem that needs to be corrected for added indoor comfort and energy savings? Here are the typical telltale signs:
- You keep turning the thermostat ever higher to feel comfortable indoors.
- You can feel the chill of cold drafts around windows and doors.
- You discover gaps in your attic insulation which allows heat to continue rising right through your roof.
- If walls facing the outdoors are cold to the touch, that means they need insulating, too.
The surest sign of heat loss is an ever-increasing utility bill. High utility bills also can indicate the need to replace your furnace or boiler, making it painfully obvious that your heating system can no longer do the job it once was capable of.
Just how well is your heating system performing? That’s a question we can fully answer once we clean and inspect it. It’s a service we highly recommend, and so does your heating system’s manufacturer.
Here’s just some of what our inspection includes:
- Check heat exchanger for cracks
- Inspect for natural gas leaks
- Test ignition system for safe and effective operation
- Test safety and control circuits
- Test exhaust system for proper venting
- Test thermostat for accuracy
- Clean or replace air filter
- Measure and adjust gas pressure for peak efficiency
- Lubricate moving parts
- Tighten and inspect all electrical wiring
While our skilled technician is in your home, he’ll also check your attic insulation, see if your ducts are leaking air, and more.
When all is said and done, we’ll know exactly what’s going on regarding heat loss, the efficiency of your system, and what it will take to bring your utility bills back down to earth.
For the kind of home heating service, you can be sure of, contact Correct Temp today.